Sunday, July 8, 2012

Supermodel Update

A while back I wrote about a little crush I had on an openly gay model. Okay, maybe more of a fantasy. I had seen his face on a local gay magazine, and actually read the story about him. It seems he is a writer as well, so we have something in common besides being gay men.

I was chagrined to learn he doesn't even live on this continent so I figured our paths would never cross, and I just let the fantasy live on in my head and on Facebook. It's just as well. Our lifestyles wouldn't be compatible anyway. He's a model and I'm a teacher. He jets around the world, I putter around the Valley when I can afford the gas.

Be careful what you say!!

Our paths will indeed cross as he is actually in Los Angeles promoting his latest project and he invited me! Okay, so he invited all his Facebook friends. I just hope they aren't in the way when our eyes meet across the crowded room, the music begins to play (in my head) and he comes over to talk to me!

Hey, I can dream, can't I?

And if we do indeed actually meet, I hope I don't turn into a giggling little school boy.

4 comments:

  1. I have a bad history when meeting my "idols", whether crushes or just as an admirer of someone's work... I hope your meeting proves the exception!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll let you know! It's not for a couple of weeks, so I have time to either project myself into a blithering idiot, or relax and take control of myself. I'm aiming for the latter.

      Delete
  2. Jeff, I, too, hope a meeting does happen for you and that you are not disappointed. Just prepared that it may be a nice autographed book, and that's it. Send photo when he signs your book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's actually a screenwriter, so it's a premiere of his short film. I'm prepared to just see him introduce his film and that's it. Anything more would be a bonus! Expectations are planned disappointments.

      Delete