Wednesday, April 21, 2021

The Ace of March

It’s time to check in with my New Year Reading for March albeit a bit late. I drew the Ace of Swords for March.

Ugh. But, also not so ugh.


As I’ve mentioned at least once or twice before, Swords is the suit of the mind and covers thoughts, logic, reasoning, intellect, truth and communication. All that mental stuff. Swords are a bit pointy and sharp which therefore can, and often do, inflict pain. Mental pain. But, no pain, no gain. In this case, no mental pain, no mental gain.


Radiant Rider Waite Smith Tarot
This is why Swords is not the most welcome suit to appear in a reading. Especially, when they appear en masse.

Aces are the beginning of the story of their suit. They are like seed being planted, an opportunity for growth in the realm of their suit. So, the Ace of Swords would be an opportunity for mental expansion; i.e., more learning, better communication, for finding out the truth or gaining some clarity, or it could be an opportunity to cut through the crap and see things for what (or who) they truly are. This could refer to an external situation or an internal one. 


Yet, the Ace is only the opportunity; the energy is there. We see that in the traditional card with the Sword being offered by a giant hand emanating from a cloud. The cloud symbolizes that which we cannot see. I view the cloud as Life, the Universe, Spirit, or even God. One only has to seize the opportunity being offered. When a server offers appetizers at a banquet, it’s up to us to decide if we want that particular item or would rather wait for some other perhaps tastier hor d'oeuvre. Yet, sometimes opportunities pass us by. And we may miss out on that last appetizer we spotted earlier because we thought there'd be some left when we were ready. But, alas, we missed out.

The Grimalkin Tarot,
(c) 2020, MJ Cullinane

Therefore, carpe opportunitatem. And I carpe'd as best I could.


In the Ace of Swords from the Grimalkin Tarot by MJ Cullinane, which I used for this year’s reading, we see a cat poised on the hilt of a sword. This cat is clearly focused, ready to pounce on the birds above securing its destiny as a predator, a skilled hunter. Seeing itself for who it is.


While I don’t see myself as a skilled hunter, let alone an unskilled one, I did seize my opportunity to cut through some crap and focus on some inner truths. I also took a risk, stood up and spoke my truths in a couple of places. Yes, it did cause some mental pain to do so. But, it did eventually clear the air. Or some of the mental clutter, at least. Even though I feel I could have seized a bit more of the Ace's energy, I do feel what I did seize gave me some more focus on my life. 


Still, every little bit helps.


Baby steps.


Now to keep the momentum going, remain focused and move on into the rest of April and greet the lovely Queen of Wands.

The Grimalkin Tarot,
(c) 2020, MJ Cullinane




2 comments:

  1. I just wish I was at a point in my journey where I could really speak my truth without fear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we always will experience some fear when we speak our truths. It shows we are only human. But, I also feel that as we take those baby steps to speak up, the fear will lessen.

      Delete