Friday, January 26, 2018

Synchronicities 9

I had the most bizarre synchronicity the other day.

Even though I experience many synchronicities daily, this one stood out. 

Way out.

So far out, even I was stunned.

A while back, a friend suggested that I play the lottery since I seem to attract numbers, or as she put it, “They have a thing for you.”

Okay, I thought, but I didn’t want to appear greedy and tickets can add up. So, we decided to play the lottery together and not one of the major draws.

We decided on the game Fantasy 5, where, to win big, we must match five numbers with no Power or Mega number to add to the mix. And it’s a daily draw rather than twice weekly. So, in my head, the chances of winning seemed greater, but in reality probably aren’t.

Plus, it’s only $1.00 per draw not $2.00.

The jackpots aren’t in the multimillions either. We didn't want to send a message to the Universe appearing greedy, just have our needs taken care of. I mean, at my age, what would I do with several million dollars? I could pay off my mortgage, travel and then? I don’t think I could spend it all before I passed away and the more I accumulate, the more someone would have to dispose of. I could leave it to charity or family, but let’s not get morose.

Anyway, I digress.

We came up with a set of numbers and play them consistently and twelve draws per playslip, meaning we pay for twelve draws in advance. The most we have matched has been three numbers, twice, which has netted us a total of $25.00. If we match two of the five we win a Free Play where the computer randomly selects five numbers for the next draw.

On one of our last tickets, we matched two numbers twice, so we had two Free Plays to collect when I bought the next ticket.

I cashed in the ticket, got the Free Plays, paid for the next twelve draws and drove home where I got ready to take a picture of the tickets to send my friend and that’s when I noticed it.

On the Free Play ticket.

There, on the computer generated ticket, were four of the five numbers we play consistently! I was essentially holding two tickets with the same four numbers out of the five total. I mean, mathematically, what are the odds of that happening? Probably the same if those numbers actually came up in a draw.

Once I got over the initial shock, I tried not to read anything into it, like we were going to win that night. Because that would mean that the numbers would be pulled in the draw later and that would be twice in the same day! Not very likely, but who knows what can happen and when?

But, it did teach me one thing.

Have faith.

If the computer can randomly generate four of the numbers we play onto a Free Play ticket, our numbers can hit. Some day. Down the road. When we least expect it.

And if the Universe is teaching me to have faith here, maybe there are other areas in my life where I should keep the faith?


Our regular ticket
The computer generated ticket


 P. S. No, we didn't win. But, we still have faith.

2 comments:

  1. It is always good to have faith! I think you should keep playing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think so too. Both having faith and continuing to play! Thanks for your comment!

      Delete