Sunday, October 11, 2020

Saturn Conjunct Venus

As a teenager, I was interested in the odd, even that which bordered on the occult. The developing science around Extra Sensory Perception, or ESP, captured my attention. I devoured stories of the unusual, the odd, the bizarre. I’d studied a bit of astrology back then, but focused mainly on the meaning of the sun signs. I read Dracula by Bram Stoker and looooooved it. I was captivated by the '60s Gothic Soap Opera Dark Shadows and still enjoy it to this day. The old Universal Monster films were some of my favorites.

Yes, I was odd. 

With my current interest in the Tarot and the astrological connection with the cards, I’ve broadened my studies of astrology. While I have an understanding of the sun signs and a beginning understanding of the ascendant and moon signs, I’m just beginning to study the other components that make up the whole of astrology: charts, planets, houses, aspects and transits-both current and natal.

I wasn’t sure how all this could come together and what it could, or would, mean until I read a short astrological forecast report from Astro.com. I had input some basic data, then downloaded the report simply for the kicks and giggles of it. Or was it something else that prompted me to read it? 

(c)NASA
According to this report, Saturn is conjunct my natal Venus. Sounds kinky…but what does that mean? 

What this means is that Saturn, the planet, is currently crossing a point in the sky where Venus was at the moment of my birth.

But, let’s examine the energies of these two heavenly bodies before we get into what their entanglement means for me.
thoughtco.com

Venus, like the goddess, stands for all things relationship oriented; how we interact with others and approach love. She also likes the finer things in life and can be a bit materialistic, so she also looks over our money and our approach to it.

Saturn, the god, is believed to be the father of Jupiter, Neptune, Pluto, Juno, Ceres and Vesta. Like a father providing structure to his family, the planet Saturn is about restrictions, structure, constrictions and likes to remind us of our boundaries, limitations and commitments.

Mygodpictures.com 
These two will be dancing together through my life until January 2021. 

So what does this mean for me?

Well, since Saturn is about limitations, boundaries and structure and Venus is about relationships and money, I’ll be a bit more introspective and evaluating both areas. I’ll be reviewing those relationships in my life and reflecting on the limitations and boundaries within them I’ll need to strengthen. I should also be looking at structure in my relationships: what do I need from them? Do they meet my needs? Maybe any relationship no longer serving my greater good could even get the old heave-ho. In short, I’ll be facing some harsh realizations. Very harsh realizations about relationships and money.

(c)NASA
I find this very interesting as I’ve kind of been in this frame of mind already and looking at my connections to others and seeing who, if any, I should begin to weed out or attempt to strengthen my bond with by setting limitations and boundaries. What makes this even more intriguing to me is that these two planets first met up back in March of this year and that's about when I’d begun seriously looking at my finances and what extraneous spending needs to be whittled down. Just last month I began to refinance my mortgage which is giving me a fresh look at my budget and overall financial situation. Taking the intrigue factor one step further is the fact I hadn't even thought about refinancing until I had to take care of some other bank business and the Customer Service Representative noticed I had my mortgage with them and that current interest rates were lower than what I was already paying. One thing lead to another and the loan will be finalized this week.

The fact that I was already in this frame of mind when I read this report startled me. Is it more than a coincidence?? Or are the planetary energies truly influencing me?

And that was only the first paragraph of the report. I wonder what the other planets have in store for me?

Inquiring minds want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment