Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Synchronicities 2

I've posted before I believe in synchronicities, those repetitive circumstantial coincidences and patterns the keep showing up so frequently that you figure they must mean something, they must be a 'sign.'

I also believe things happen for a reason. My husband asked for a divorce which then allowed me to grow as a person, and become more of a writer/blogger.

For a couple of years, I had considered installing solar panels on my house. The offers were always for "no money down." Hmmm, a deal too good to be true usually is, so I never followed up.

Until this summer.

On an impulse, I stopped by a table at my local Home Depot. After a short discussion, I agreed to a free no-obligation consultation. About three days after the consultation, I agreed and signed the contracts. I asked the representative how long the entire process should take and she replied, it could take maybe two to three months, all told, as there were many steps to take. And we would be dealing with the city bureaucracy (building permits, inspections) and the utility company as well. And they are usually backlogged.

I was hoping to have this all taken care of before I returned to school in about six weeks for the start of a new year. She grimaced and said it was possible, but not likely and cited the other entities involved, and that the utility company usually drags its feet as it is losing a paying customer.

What will be, will be.

My solar company kept me in the loop, either by posting updates to my progress page of my account, by emails or by direct phone calls. After all the necessary documents were signed, I was notified the system was designed and ready for installation. I called to schedule the installation and was told a crew would be there that same day, if I wanted, instead of the maybe week or so I was anticipating.

I later received another call, on a Wednesday, from my project manager to update me on the entire process and answer any questions I might have. She informed me they had sent payment to the electrical contractor to upgrade my electrical panel and I should receive a call from someone within the next week. I was called the next morning, Thursday, to schedule the panel upgrade and was told an appointment was available the next day, Friday! I seized it figuring I could go play with my camera some other day as this was more important. So, where my project manager thought, through her own experience, that I would be waiting maybe two weeks to at least hear from the contractor, the new panel was installed, inspected and sealed in three days. The city inspector had to come the day after the panel was installed when the workman was here to patch the stucco and make the new panel waterproof.

It seems the project was moving along at quite the quick pace! With everything falling into place so quickly and much faster than what I was expecting, and what others told me, it seems this was the right time for me to make the switch. While the process is not quite finished, (I'm now just waiting on the utility to do its job, the notorious slow part) I'm learning to trust in the system that things will happen at the time they are supposed to. If it's meant to be, it will.

Now, if I could only apply that thought to other areas of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment