Friday, May 3, 2019

Pentacles in April

As we segue into May it's time to check in on my New Year's Reading. The card for April was the 10 of Pentacles. 

Pentacles is the suit of Earth, abundance, prosperity and the material plane. I greeted this card with optimism. Would I win the lottery? Or find a job? Sell some things I no longer use, need or that bring me any joy? Would it be a spiritual prosperity? 

Numerology plays a part in tarot as well. Tens are seen as a completion of the story expressed by each suit. Yet, it's a completion of a cycle for a new beginning. How often do we come to an ending, only for something new to begin? Relationships end for new ones to begin, jobs and careers end for new ones to take off or for a new position in the same firm. It’s all part of our growth, for our greater good.

How would this possibly play out for me in the suit of Pentacles? Let's look at the card:

In the standard Rider-Waite-Smith deck, if we peek through all the pentacles, we see several well-dressed people of differing ages, possibly suggesting the generations of a family. Hmm, inheritance? As Pentacles is the suit of abundance, prosperity and the material plane, it could also suggest an increase in wealth or resources. Abundance and prosperity don't always signify monetary gains. Property can also signify abundance. Resources aren’t always physical, though Pentacles would suggest otherwise.

Resources can also be internal, such as an attitude or our own personal strength-which we don't often recognize. The three cards from the prior quarter all had the theme of letting go. Was this leading to a letting go of material goods and thus to a feeling of gratitude with having less, while still feeling prosperous and abundant? Could be. 

Regardless, it was my card for April and I was curious to its meaning. 

April is also tax month.

I received a larger tax refund than I had in the last few years. So, my monetary abundance did increase and I was able to accomplish some things I needed to do with this influx of money. Plus, I’ve been identifying some things that I no longer need or want, nor have I used in the last few months or even years. I’m currently trying to decide if I should try and sell them or donate them.

Regardless, I’m grateful for the additional income and the feeling of letting go what no longer serves me.

May’s card is the King of Pentacles. Hmmm, more abundance? But the King suggests either a generous person or a possible aspect of my personality so, how will he show up in May? 

We'll have to wait and see...

King of Pentacles,
New Palladini Tarot 

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice enough tax refund...so did I. I haven't spent it per se, but I have it in my slush fund, so my money worries have abated for the time being!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you did as well, Michael. Good for you for stashing it away! Thank you as always for reading and for your feedback. Blessings!

      Delete